sábado, 2 de abril de 2011

Different Lifestyles, Different Jobs

Americans are taking different kinds of jobs these days. More and more Americans are choosing jobs that fit their lifestyle instead of jobs that pay more. This change is happening because of people's desire to have more free time to do the things they want to do.

Mark Andrews is a computer programmer who used to work 60 to 70 hours per week. Last year, he left his high-paying job to teach computer classes at the local high school. He now makes half his previous salary. What was his reason for changing his job? More free time. "I just love doing things outdoors. With my job at the high school, I have many days off and the whole summer free. I could never take so much time off at my old job!"

Margaret Stewart is a stay-at-home mom who works part-time to earn money. In her old job as a top executive of a beauty products company, she used to make over $100,000 a year. "I used to work from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. I had no free time. I love the flexible schedule I have now. I can spend time with my kids. The money just isn't important anymore."

These two people, and many other Americans like them, are taking control of their own schedules. "Instead of working hard now so they can retire later, young people are living their lives for today," says employment expert Cody Williams. "Why should they wait until they are old to enjoy life?"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario